This course provides students with practical skills and knowledge to work in semi professional technical positions in many areas of the Oil and Gas Industry. The course is based and is confined to certain areas of the industry.
• Introduction to Welding.
• Welding Process & Quality.
• Basic Welding and Cutting processes
• Welding Metallurgy
• Safety in Welding and Cutting Processes.
• Welding Qualifications and Specificaions.
• Fatigue of Welded Structures.
• Geometries and Weld Symbols.
• Weld Defects.
• Reports and forms
Understanding the basic principles of various NDT
methods, fundamentals, discontinuities in differ-
ent product forms, importance of NDT, applica-
tions, limitations of NDT methods and techniques
and codes, standards and specifications related to
non-destructive testing technology.
• Introduction to Process piping.
• Piping Components and fittings.
• Overview of Static & Rotary Equipments.
• Pipe supports.
• Piping Materials.
• Codes, standards & specifications of pres
• Process Piping Codes and Standards.
• General-Process Diagrams.
(Isometric, P& ID, PFD,GA )
• Fabrication & fit up of reinforcement pads
• Fabrication and Erection Techniques.
• Pressure Testing Procedures.
• Safety training for hot work & power tools
• Seamless pipe & Seam pipe manufacturing
method (ERW, EFW &SPIRAL WELD)
• Pipe expansions, pipe bends.
• Mittering of elbows, Tees, Lateral Tees stub
in & stub on methods.
• Piping lay out, jigs &fixtures rolling offsets,
layout ordinate lines and length.
• Threading of pipe & cold cutting of pipe
• Pipe Supports.
• Hydro test & Pneumatic test of fabricated